WOODLANDS PRE/POST NUPTIAL AGREEMENT LAWYER
While getting married is a joyous celebration of love, protecting yourself in case of a divorce is essential. Pre and post nuptial agreements allow Texas couples to discuss property, assets, and other concerns and how these issues should be handled in their divorce. While many view these agreements negatively, they can help build trust and relieve your worries going into your marriage. The agreement process can be complicated, so it’s crucial to have an experienced Woodlands pre/post nuptial agreement lawyer’s help.
At Moffett Law Firm, we understand every marriage agreement is different. We work with you closely to understand your goals and communicate your legal options clearly and honestly. We strive to help you make the best decisions for your future by always keeping your best interest in mind and considering every detail to ensure nothing gets overlooked. With our 30 years of combined experience and unmatched legal services, we handle your agreement with the care and attention it deserves.
What Do Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements Do?
Pre and post nuptial agreements are legally binding documents that determine what will happen to your property, including wealth, in the event of divorce. A prenuptial agreement is executed prior marriage. A postnuptial agreement is entered into once a couple is already married. Both of these agreements serve the same purposes:
- Separate finances: When you get married, assets and debts that you acquire during the course of your marriage are considered community property. However, a marriage agreement can outline whether or not any community property is created during a marriage and who gets what assets and debts in the event of a divorce.
- Establish responsibilities: When discussing the terms of your pre or post nuptial agreement, you can include sections about specific duties, like paying bills, filing taxes, and saving money.
- Keeping or confirming separate property: If you owned property before your marriage or inherited property during your marriage, an agreement can identify these assets and confirm their characterization as separate property to streamline this process and eliminate any argument or confusion about their character in the event of a divorce.
- Protection from debt: If you or your spouse have debt, a pre or post nuptial agreement can protect you from sharing in the responsibility for the payment of the debt either during the marriage or upon the dissolution of your marriage.
Our Woodlands pre/post nuptial agreement attorneys at Moffett Law Firm understand every couple has unique goals, so we work closely with you to understand your objectives and take the best course of action to complete your marriage agreement effectively and efficiently.
When Should You Get a Pre or Post Nuptial Agreement in The Woodlands?
It is up to you and your spouse to determine if a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement is right for you. Common reasons for getting a marriage agreement include:
- You earn more or less money than your partner
- You have your own business
- You have inheritance or property you want to stay in your family
- You want to minimize or eliminate court involvement in the event of a divorce
- You want to put special circumstances in writing
- You want to create a financial framework for your marriage
Due to the complicated and customizable nature of these agreements, it’s crucial to discuss the matter with your spouse early to avoid any potential problems.
How Can a Woodlands Attorney Help With Your Pre or Post Nuptial Agreement?
Our detail-oriented Woodlands pre/post nuptial agreement lawyers at Moffett Law Firm leave no stone unturned when working on your agreement to ensure a fair and successful solution. Additionally, we can help with your case in the following ways:
- Listening to your story and documenting your objectives for the agreement
- Reviewing your community and separate property
- Fighting for a fair outcome in court in the event of a divorce
- Enforcing the agreement during and after the marriage
- Using our knowledge of Texas law to ensure you follow state requirements
- Drafting an agreement that complies with Texas law
At Moffett Law Firm, we can help you streamline the process and reduce stress by handling all aspects of the agreement and providing valuable guidance and support.
Get in Touch With a Successful Woodlands Pre/Post Nuptial Agreements Lawyer Today
When getting married, it’s crucial you and your spouse are on the same page. Pre or post nuptial agreements can save you time in court if you get a divorce. However, even the most straightforward cases can be complicated, so it’s essential to contact a professional lawyer from the Moffett Law Firm with experience working on these agreements.
Our dedicated team at Moffett Law Firm has helped couples in The Woodlands create their pre and post nuptial agreements for the last 18 years. We consider every detail and communicate with you openly to help you make the best decisions for your financial future. With our team by your side, you can protect your best interests and have more peace of mind for the future of your marriage. To schedule a consultation with a Woodlands pre/post nuptial agreements attorney, call (713) 333-5800 or fill out our contact form.