THE WOODLANDS FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY
Dealing with family legal issues can be a stressful, emotional experience. You may not know how to protect your rights and advocate for your family’s best interests. Fortunately, you do not have to go through the process alone. Our compassionate lawyers at Moffett Law Firm handle every aspect of your case and provide unmatched legal advice so you understand the full scope of your case and have the tools to achieve your family goals.
We have proudly served the Woodlands area for over 30 years, so we are well-versed in state laws and the best way to go about your case. Your family has unique needs, and every family law case is different. We work with you to develop a personalized plan that meets your objectives. Our professional lawyers have the skills, knowledge, and resources to take on any family law case, regardless of circumstances.
What Does a Woodlands Family Law Attorney Do?
Whether you are dealing with a divorce, child support agreement, or another family-related issue, contacting a family law attorney is one of the best steps you can take to resolve it. Our Woodlands family attorneys can manage any family law issue, including the following:
- Property division
- Child custody
- Child support
- Asset division
- Order enforcement
- LGBTQIA+ family law
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Spousal maintenance
We have handled cases involving high net worth and complex assets and estates, so you can trust us to give your case the attention and detail it deserves while achieving positive results.
What Are the Grounds for Divorce in Texas?
One of the major aspects of family law we work on is divorce. Before you officially file, you have to have grounds for divorce as per Texas law, which include the following:
- Insupportability: This is a conflict of personalities that prevents reconciliation.
- Living separately: The court considers this grounds for divorce if you and your spouse have lived apart for at least three years.
- Confinement to a mental hospital: To use this as grounds for divorce, one spouse has to have lived in a mental hospital for at least three years and have little chance of adjustment or a high likelihood of relapse.
- Cruelty: This occurs when one partner willfully causes pain to another, making living together insupportable.
- Abandonment: You may use this as grounds for divorce if your partner left with the intention of abandonment and had been gone for at least one year.
- Conviction of a felony: If one partner was convicted of a felony, you have the grounds for a divorce.
- Adultery: This is grounds for divorce if your partner voluntarily cheats on you with someone else.
During your consultation, we listen to your story to determine if you have grounds for a divorce and the best path forward to have a stress-free, successful legal experience. After establishing grounds, we may help you gather and analyze evidence that proves them to build a strong case. We understand the difficulties of family law matters, so we support you from start to finish and provide consistent communication.
Why Should You Contact a Woodlands Family Lawyer?
Due to the emotional and sensitive nature of family law issues, it can be challenging to see the complete picture of your case. Adding the pressure of handling everything on your own can only make the process more overwhelming. That is why our caring lawyers at Moffett Law Firm handle every aspect of the legal process. We strive to take a weight off your shoulders and support you throughout the following steps:
- Consultation: We start your case by listening to your story and learning your unique objectives. Every family law case is different, so we want to create a customized plan to achieve your goals.
- Education: We believe the more you know about your case, the better decisions you can make for your family. We walk you through every step of the legal process and help you understand the laws that apply to your case.
- Evaluation: We give your case the utmost attention by thoroughly investigating and evaluating every detail. With our valuable resources, innovative strategies, and extensive knowledge, we work tirelessly to ensure a successful outcome.
- Negotiation: While we try to settle your case out of court, we are always prepared to go to trial. Our skilled negotiators remain calm and focused on a quick resolution that minimizes expenses and time. We also provide mediation services to smooth over any arguments.
- Litigation: If your case goes to court, we provide aggressive litigation services to pursue your interests. Our lawyers fiercely advocate for you, regardless of circumstances.
If you face a family law issue, you deserve high-quality representation that will fight for you and your rights. Hiring a professional allows you to focus on your family and remain informed on your case.
Contact a Seasoned Woodlands Family Law Attorney at Moffett Law Firm
Family law matters can often be complicated, and you may not know how to protect your rights and your family. Contacting a lawyer immediately lets you focus on your daily tasks while we manage your entire case and work in your best interest. Our passionate team at Moffett Law Firm have three decades of combined experience, so you can rely on us to take any type of family law case.
Our dedicated legal team focuses exclusively on family law and provides unmatched legal services you can trust. We believe open and honest communication is the key to successful results, so we always keep you informed and ensure you fully understand your case. With our personalized plans and creative solutions, we give your case the attention it deserves. To speak with an experienced family lawyer, call (713) 333-5800 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation with a Woodlands family lawyer.