KINGWOOD HIGH-NET WORTH DIVORCE LAWYER
While most divorce cases are complicated, those involving high net worth are often more complex due to the high stakes and value of the assets involved. Therefore, these cases require extensive legal knowledge and skill to be handled successfully. If you are facing a high net-worth divorce in Kingwood, our experienced lawyers at Moffett Law Firm can help protect your rights and fight for your best interests every step of the way.
With over 30 years of combined experience, you can trust us to manage your claim efficiently and effectively, no matter the circumstances. We can handle the most complex marriage law matters, including high net-worth divorces. Our team of Kingwood high net-worth divorce lawyer strives to understand your story and goals to create an effective plan for the best chance of achieving your desired outcome.
What Does Texas Consider a High Net-Worth Divorce?
A divorce is typically considered high net worth if it involves over one million dollars in assets. These assets often include the following:
- Investment accounts
- Business interests
- Real estate
- Insurance policies
- Motor vehicles
- Multiple financial accounts
- Retirement accounts and pensions
- Stock options
- Jewelry or other expensive personal items
With these assets involved in a high net-worth divorce, it’s crucial to have a knowledgeable Kingwood high net-worth divorce attorney like the attorneys at Moffett Law Firm who can inventory and accurately calculate the value of your property and assess your debt liability, so you know what you have and what may be split during your divorce proceeding. We can formulate the strategies necessary to tackle any challenges during your case, recommend any potential experts like business valuators or financial tracing experts to assist with the protection of your accumulated wealth and assets and fiercely represent you in all court proceedings so you can obtain the most favorable outcome possible during your divorce.
How Is Property Divided in High Net-Worth Divorces?
Due to the high stakes in high net-worth divorces, courts often have to make decisions about dividing property. When doing this, the court distinguishes between community and separate property.
Community property is any property, assets, or debt you and your spouse obtained or accumulated during your marriage. This may include homes, cars, cash in bank accounts, art, and furniture. Texas law considers both spouses owners of this type of property. However, community property is not always divided evenly. The court divides community property in a “just and right” manner, so we do everything in our power to fight for your fair share of your community property.
This type of property refers to assets or debt you acquired before marriage or those property items that you receive through an inheritance, gift, or monetary damages received from a personal injury claim during the course of your marriage. Because Texas is a community property state, you must present clear and convincing evidence to support your separate property claim to specific assets if making a separate property claim during your divorce. The attorneys at Moffett Law Firm can advise you if you have a strong case for your separate property claim and make the necessary arguments to help you support your separate property claim and protect your separate property.
5 Ways Moffett Law Firm Can Help With Your High Net-Worth Divorce
Our highly skilled Kingwood high net-worth divorce lawyers at Moffett Law Firm can help you manage all aspects of your high net-worth divorce to make the process easier, including the following:
- Accurate valuation: One of the most critical factors in a high-net-worth divorce is the accurate valuation of your community and separate property. We comprehensively review your assets to help you understand what is subject to division. If we think your case would benefit from the use of a business valuation expert or financial tracing expert, we will tell you how that person can benefit your case and why their skills are necessary to your estate.
- Expert guidance: Throughout the high net-worth divorce process, we provide trusted legal advice and guidance to help you achieve your goals and protect your rights.
- Mediation: You will be required to attend mediation at some point during the litigation process. We ensure that you and your case are prepared for mediation to ensure the best possible outcome for you.
- Litigation: If you find yourself in the courtroom, we represent you and your case with years of knowledge and skill to ensure that you are prepared for hearings or final trial so that your case can achieve the best possible outcome in front of the judge or jury.
- Privacy protection: High net-worth divorces often involve well-known individuals. We take every measure to protect your privacy and prevent information about the divorce from going public.
Our attorneys understand the emotional and financial toll a high net-worth divorce can have on your life. Please contact us to learn more about how we can help.
Reach Out to a Reputable Kingwood High Net-Worth Divorce Lawyer at Moffett Law Firm
During a high net-worth divorce, protecting your assets and interests is crucial, but it can be challenging. Fortunately, our experienced Kingwood high-net worth divorce attorneys at Moffett Law Firm are prepared to take on your case and fight for your rights from start to finish. We have over 30 years of combined experience working on the most complex divorce cases with our unmatched legal services and innovative strategies.